What is a LEED certification?
LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and are undeniably the most widely used sustainability certifications for new and existing buildings. LEED provides a framework for building owners and operators to create environmentally responsible and resource-efficient buildings. It is created by the US Green Building Council (USGBC) and has become an internationally recognized standard for green building certification. LEED certification is based on a points system, where buildings earn points for various sustainable strategies and practices, such as energy efficiency, water conservation and the use of renewable materials. The more points a building earns, the higher its certification level, ranging from certified to silver, gold and platinum.
Why does a Sempergreenwall contribute to a LEED cerfiticate for your project?
A Living Green Wall, also known as a green facade or vertical garden, is a type of structure that incorporates live plants and vegetation into a wall or other vertical surface. These walls are designed to provide several environmental and aesthetic benefits, such as improving air quality, reducing noise pollution, and enhancing the visual appeal of the surrounding space.
The SemperGreenwall is a unique modular green wall system made of pre-cultivated Flexipanels, which can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes. The Cradle-to-Cradle certificate demonstrates our commitment to sustainable design practices. The SemperGreenwall contributes to the score for LEED in both new and existing buildings, always in combination with a set of other measures.
In addition, a SemperGreenwall can contribute to a building’s LEED certification by improving the indoor air quality, reducing the building’s heat island effect, and promoting biodiversity. The use of a living green wall system such as SemperGreenwall can also help to reduce energy consumption by providing natural insulation, and reduce water consumption by capturing and reusing rainwater.
What are the reasons to go for a LEED certification?
There are several reasons why one might choose to install a Living Green Wall to get more points for a LEED certification for your building:
- Environmental Benefits: A living green wall can help to improve air quality, reduce the urban heat island effect, promote biodiversity, and mitigate the effects of climate change by sequestering carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- Health Benefits: Studies have shown that plants and nature can have a positive impact on human health and well-being. Living green walls can help to reduce stress, increase productivity, and improve mental health by providing a connection to nature.
- Energy Efficiency: Living green walls can help to reduce energy consumption by providing natural insulation and shading, which can lead to lower heating and cooling costs.
- Water Conservation: Living green walls can capture and reuse rainwater, which can help to reduce water consumption and promote sustainable water management practices.
- LEED Certification: Incorporating a living green wall into a building’s design can contribute to LEED certification, which demonstrates a commitment to sustainability and can increase the market value of the building.
Economical benefits for a LEED certified building with a green wall in the usa.
As previously stated, a LEED certified green wall has many environmental benefits, but is also has many economic benefits.
A LEED certificate can provide several economic benefits in the USA, including:
- Increased Property Value: Buildings with LEED certification have been shown to have a higher property value than similar non-certified buildings. A green wall can contribute to this value by improving the aesthetics and desirability of a property.
- Reduced Energy Costs: A green wall can provide natural insulation and shading, which can lead to lower heating and cooling costs for a building. In addition, a LEED certified green wall can contribute to overall energy efficiency of a building, leading to further energy cost savings.
- Tax Incentives: In the US, there are tax incentives available for building owners who invest in energy-efficient and sustainable building features. A LEED certified green wall can qualify for these incentives and lead to tax savings for the building owner.
- Enhanced Brand Reputation: Companies that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility often enjoy a positive brand reputation, which can lead to increased customer loyalty and support. By incorporating a LEED certified green wall, a building owner can demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and enhance their brand reputation.
- Health and Productivity Benefits: Studies have shown that access to nature and green spaces can improve health and productivity in the workplace. By installing a green wall, building owners can contribute to the health and well-being of their employees, leading to increased productivity and potentially reduced healthcare costs.
The Sempergreenwall can provide numerous economic and environmental benefits.
Choose a healthy, more livable community and a better sustainable built environment with the installation of the SemperGreenwall. Economic benefits to apply for a LEED certification with the SemperGreenwall are increased property value, reduced energy costs and tax incentives. To conclude, a SemperGreenwall can provide numerous environmental and health benefits to building occupants and help to get points for a LEED certification. As certification is dependent on different factors, based on these specific factors, the score is specifically tailored to each project. Would you like to know more about the application of an Outdoor SemperGreenwall? Then please contact us.